Fussell Wright Solicitors (Who we are)
Fussell Wright Solicitors a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Regulation Number 048738 and is a “Controller” under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 and are responsible for processing your data.
Our principal office address is:
59 Queen Charlotte Street
Brislington Branch office address is:
105 Sandy Park Road
Fussell Wright Solicitors are committed to keeping your information private.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful ground and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will only use the information collected for the specific purpose agreed with you
- We will not request more information than is required for the purpose of which we are collecting it
- We will observe the rights granted to your under data protection and privacy laws
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will adhere to information retention policies relating to your personal information
- We will ensure your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will train our staff in their privacy responsibilities.
The Information We Process
To allow us provide our services and to run our business, we collect and process various categories of personal and financial information throughout our relationship with you.
We obtain information from various sources, from the information you give us to information provided by third parties who provide services to you or us: mortgage companies, financial advisors (where permitted by law).
Whose Data Do We Hold
- Service suppliers
- Professional experts and Consultants
For all services offered by Fussell Wright we require to see original up to date client identification or copies of your original documentation certified by a qualified legal professional.
All identification is copied and held securely for a period of 5 years.
You have certain legal rights to control your information and the manner in which we process it.
This is includes:-
- A right to be informed
- A right to get access to your personal information
- A right to rectification to correct inaccurate or update incomplete information
- A right to erasure
- A right to restrict processing
- A right to receive your data in a portable format
- A right to object to us processing your information for direct marketing or profiling.
In some cases, if you do not agree to the way we process your information, it may not be possible for us to continue to provide our services to you.
Communications about your account
- At any point in the future you change your contact details you should tell us promptly about those changes
- We may monitor or record calls, emails or other communications in accordance with the applicable laws.
How long we keep your information
By providing you with our services we create records that contain your information. Fussell Wright complies with the Law Society directive for the keeping of customer files.
The maximum length of time we keep your information is 12 years.
In some cases we may retain your information for a longer period we will advise you of this at the time.
We will ensure that all the information that you provide us is kept secure using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Where we outsource any processes we will ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these privacy principles.
Changes to the way we use your information
From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will notify you in advance for you to raise any objections.
Sharing with third parties
We will not share your information with anyone outside of Fussell Wright except:
- Where we have your permission
- Where required for the provision of our service
- Where we are required by law and to law enforcement agencies and judicial bodies
- With third parties providing services to us and you, such as banks, insurance and mortgage companies
- Fussell Wright will not share your information with a third parties for marketing purposes
Information Commissioner’s Office
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to your concerns.
Information Commissioner’s Office